Pursuing CAHME Accreditation for an Online Program: Lessons from the Field
Web-based (online) higher education continues to expand as many universities look for ways to expand their footprint while serving the development and training needs of students and professionals looking for careers in health care administration. With CAHME’s bold move of removing the 120 hour “live” instructor/student engagement in May 2018, accredited programs are open more so than ever before to add online degree options.
Programs currently offering online delivery can achieve CAHME accreditation! The 35 CAHME criteria can be intimidating to even a seasoned academic. This session reviews how online programs can meet CAHME criteria while under increasing demands and the ever present reality of limited resources. Join the AUPHA Online Program Directors Forum for a one-hour panel presentation and Q&A to learn from the experience of three seasoned program directors of three CAHME accredited online programs.
The panel –
• Anne Hewitt, Seton Hall University, Nutley, NJ
• Dawn Oetjen, University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL
• Steven Szydlowski, University of Scranton, Scranton, PA
• AUHPA Community Forum Chair, Carla Stebbins, Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, NY
• AUPHA Community Forum Chair-elect, Eric Richardson, University of North Carolina Wilmington, Wilmington, NC