Why CAHME is important to students
Students entering CAHME accredited programs are assured of appropriate content, high standards of quality and membership in a network of professional colleagues that transcends boundaries of universities and professional associations. Prospective students need to consider that the selection of a healthcare program is a function of their time and their tuition costs. Students need to examine how well a program will enable them to meet their future goals.
Graduating from a CAHME Accredited programs enables students to:
- Be taught by programs that have met CAHME’s standards based on academic and practitioner input. Among these standards, CAHME evaluates if the program provides competencies based on industry standards.
- Have access to post graduate fellowship programs that accept students only from CAHME-accredited programs. Students are encouraged to visit The National Council on Administrative Fellowships (NCAF) for details on fellowship criteria.
- Access more scholarship funds: some scholarships are only available to students from CAHME-accredited programs.
- Access to case competitions: for example, only CAHME-accredited programs students may participate in the University of Alabama at Birmingham Case Competition and the Ohio State University Case Competition.
- Access more job opportunities: many employers will interview only those students who graduate from CAHME accredited programs.
In summary, graduating from a CAHME-accredited program enables students to better meet the changing demands of health management. CAHME-accreditation provides access to more opportunities.
SEARCH ACCREDITED PROGRAMS
Select a State / Province to see available Accredited Programs:
ACHE is an international professional society of more than 40,000 healthcare executives who lead hospitals, healthcare systems and other healthcare organizations. ACHE offers its prestigious FACHE® credential, signifying board certification in healthcare management. ACHE’s established network of 79 chapters provides access to networking, education and career development at the local level. ACHE has prepared a policy statement regarding the appropriate preparation for Healthcare Executive Management Positions For All New Entrants in the Field.
HAMPCAS is the first national centralized application service dedicated to the applicants of graduate programs in health administration, healthcare management, and health policy.
The Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), the organization that recognizes CAHME, has several new resources about degree mills and accreditation mills.