The Candidacy Committee will direct the CAHME Candidacy Program. The Candidacy Committee will meet periodically and report its activities to the Accreditation Council. Actions of the Candidacy Committee must be approved by at least a simple majority of its members and are subject to ratification by the Accreditation Council.
The Candidacy Committee, at its regularly scheduled meetings, is responsible for:
- Reviewing a program’s eligibility statement and supporting documents;
- Making recommendations to the Accreditation Council on the granting, deferral or denial of Candidacy status to applicant programs;
- Reviewing the status reports of all Candidate programs;
- Recommending to the Accreditation Council the appropriate self-study year for the program;
- Reviewing the first draft of the Program’s self-study & providing feedback as needed to the program