At its most recent meeting, just last Friday at George Washington University, the CAHME Board of Directors considered an important issue that, in one way or another, is a constant focus for CAHME: how can our accreditation processes and services bring value to CAHME-accredited programs? This is a foundational need for our mission of advancing the quality of healthcare management education.
The Board reviewed our environmental assessment and examined how our strategies are aligned to keep value in the forefront of everything we do. As just one example, we heard a presentation by George Washington MHA students on the application of Virtual Accreditation at CAHME. The team examined how onsite costs can be lowered by having the record review day occur virtually, dropping one day of travel time and expense. The Board also asked to explore the feasibility of a completely virtual site visit for established programs participating in the CAHME Mentorship Circle and with a history of successful accreditation and a site visit scheduled in 2021. Long term, Virtual Accreditation will be important as we continue to grow our global accreditation footprint and work to lower costs for programs.
Also at its meeting, the Board approved the re-accreditation of programs at the following universities:
- Baylor University Hankamer School of Business Robbins MBA Healthcare Program, Residential (Waco, TX)
- Cal State Long Beach Residential and Accelerated MS Program in Health Administration (Long Beach, CA)
- Dalhousie MHA Program, Residential (Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada)
- George Mason University Residential MHA Program (Fairfax, VA)
- University of Iowa MHA Executive and Residential programs (Iowa City, IA)
- University of Miami Executive MBA with Specialization in Health Sector Management and Policy (Coral Gables, FL)
- San Diego State University Masters of Public Health in Health Management and Policy (San Diego, CA)
I am grateful to the Board for its leadership and vision that supports CAHME’s goal of advancing the quality of healthcare management education.
Anthony Stanowski, DHA, FACHE
President & CEO