Over the last several years, the CAHME Bootcamps have proven increasingly popular with experienced programs as well as those just starting their journey to CAHME accreditation. Based on attendee feedback, we are pleased to announce that we have implemented a number of changes to the next Bootcamp scheduled for the ACHE Congress in March 2020.
We are making the Bootcamp a single day interactive event and supplementing it with content-based online learning. The 2020 Boot Camp will have two in-person modules offered on Sunday, March 22, 2020, immediately before the ACHE Congress. Required pre-work for attendees will be available in on-line asynchronous sessions that will focus on content. Here’s the outline:
- Introduction to CAHME Accreditation, Virtual Learning. Topics will be offered in discrete sessions and will include an introduction to CAHME and competency-based education, criteria overview, criteria that are the most challenging, candidacy process/timeline, and preparing for the site visit. The introduction is designed for attendees without an established knowledge of CAHME/competency assessment.
- In Person Session 1, March 22, 9:00am – 12:00pm (Basic/Intermediate): Topics include developing/refining statements of mission, vision, and goals/objectives that guide program design and assessment. Designed for attendees with a basic or intermediate understanding of CAHME and competency assessment.
- In Person Session 2, March 22, 1:45pm – 5:00pm (Intermediate/Advanced): Topics include implementing teaching and assessment tools aligned with competency-based education. Program management issues will also be covered. Designed for attendees with an intermediate or advanced understanding of CAHME and competency assessment.
The Introduction to CAHME Accreditation Virtual Learning will be offered online via CAHME’s new Learning Management System. You can sign up for this a session as a stand-alone. If you sign up for either of the face-to-face sessions, you can access the online learning at no additional cost. Attendees to the live sessions must complete the online learning session before attending the classes. Registration for the online session allows for groups to participate, but only one computer at one campus may access the content. The username and password is not transferable. Details will be sent to you after registration.
Those who attend either of the face-to-face sessions can attend at no additional cost:
- The CAHME Award Ceremony which highlights programs, students, and faculty that have excelled. This session enables attendees to network with best performing programs.
- The Bootcamp breakfast, which will examine best practices around competency assessment. Partially underwritten by Peregrine Global Services, this breakfast includes a brief presentation on Competency Assessment Best Practices by CAHME staff and Olin Odekoven, PhD, the President of Peregrine Global Services The white paper on Competency Assessment best practices to be released in 2020 will be provided.
Finally, CAHME is also offering, for the first time and on a limited basis, the ability to bring the Bootcamp to your campus. The cost for an on-campus Bootcamp is $4,000 plus all travel expenses for the facilitator. These custom Bootcamps are licensed to only one program/school and may not be combined with other programs. They are a one-day session and will be tailored to the needs of your program. Only two slots are open on a first-come, first-served basis for January 2020 through August 30, 2020, based on facilitator availability. Contact Eric Brichto for more information.
Prior Bootcamps have sold out, and we honor registrations on a first-come first-serve basis. I encourage you to sign up today and look forward to seeing you at the Bootcamp next March.
Anthony Stanowski, DHA, FACHE
President & CEO