CAHME encourages health administration programs to pursue accreditation to demonstrate their commitment to a quality education. Achieving CAHME Accreditation is the culmination of significant effort on the part of healthcare management programs and demonstrates that programs meet our criteria and high standards as established by leading academics and practitioners.
After a thorough and careful deliberation, the Board voted at its May 15, 2020 Board Meeting to accredit the following programs (initial accreditation is for three years):
- Advent Health, Department of Healthcare Administration, MHA Program
- Grand Valley State, College of Community and Public Service (CCPS) and the School of Public, Nonprofit and Health Administration (SPNHA) MHA Program
- Robert Morris University, School of Nursing, Education and Human Studies, MHA Program
- University of Phoenix, College of Health Professions, School of Health Services Administration, MHA Program
- University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Joseph J Zilber School of Public Health, MHA Program.
The Board re-accredited five programs (all of these programs were re-accredited for the maximum seven years):
- Clarkson University, David D Reh School of Business, MBA Program
- Georgia Southern University, Don and Cindy Waters College of Health Professions, MHA Program
- Texas A&M University, School of Public Health, MHA Program
- Suffolk University, Sawyer Business School, MHA Program
- University of Memphis, School of Public Health, MHA Program.
The Board recognized the following programs as receiving the Healthcare Quality and Safety Certification (programs are required to be certified annually):
- Drexel University, College of Nursing and Health Professions, MS/MSN in Quality, Safety and Risk Management
- Georgetown University, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, Executive Master’s in Clinical Quality, Safety, and Leadership.
No matter where these programs take place—whether on campus or in virtual settings we’re all becoming accustomed to—we are proud of the quality of these programs and their commitment to our mission. In total, 114 programs meet CAHME’s accreditation standards, and 7 programs are certified in healthcare quality and safety.
On behalf of the CAHME Board of Directors, congratulations to these institutions and their leadership for meeting our high standards, and for joining with all CAHME programs to advance the quality of healthcare management education.