The CAHME/Dawn Gideon Foundation Scholarship for Women Supporting Communities in Need
The CAHME/Dawn Gideon Foundation Scholarship for Women Supporting Communities in Need is named in memory of Dawn Gideon, who devoted her career to helping healthcare organizations succeed and who herself graduated from a CAHME Accredited MHA program at the University of Pittsburgh. The Scholarship is targeted to supporting women pursuing advanced education in healthcare management and who have demonstrated a commitment to communities in need.
Accepting applications now through November 17, 2023.
- Student in CAHME Accredited or Certified Program
- Nominations must be made by the students Program Director, or a faculty member on behalf of the University Program Director
What You Need to Apply
- Program Director Contact Information
- University Information
- Student Nominee Contact Information
The nomination consists of two essays of no more than 250 words (limit to 1,250 characters) each. Essays should be completed by the Program Director, and we recommend typing your essay responses in a saved document outside of the online application in case of technical difficulties. You may copy and paste from your personal document to the online application when you are ready.
- In approximately 250 words (limit to 1,250 characters) or less, explain what makes this student an ideal candidate to receive a CAHME scholarship? (If you are nominating this student to multiple scholarships, you can copy this response.)
- In approximately 250 words (limit to 1,250 characters) or less, provide specific example(s) of how the nominee demonstrated a commitment to communities in need, reflecting the spirit and attitude of Dawn Gideon. (Be specific to the award criteria.)
- One-time scholarship of $2,500.00
- One complimentary ticket to the CAHME Awards Ceremony on March 24, 2024, at ACHE Congress
- One complimentary ticket to ACHE Congress
- Roundtrip Airfare
- 2-night hotel stay
- Recognition on CAHME’s website and social media
Past Award Recipients
For More Information:
Dana Alexander, MHA
Communications and Engagement Manager
301-298-1820 ext. 6