CAHME/ Fawn Lopez Health Advocacy Communication Excellence Award
In honor of the Publisher Emeritus Modern Healthcare, this scholarship is presented to students who have demonstrated exemplary skills in communication to promote and advocate for critical health issues. This scholarship recognizes students who exhibit effective communication strategies and impactful health advocacy. The selected recipient should demonstrate tangible advancements in addressing significant health issues and whose efforts have inspired others.
These students have demonstrated an ability to:
• communicate complex healthcare concepts,
• raise public awareness,
• and drive engagement among diverse audiences.
Nominees for this award have:
• Crafted compelling narratives to influence change,
• Utilized innovative communication channels,
• Leveraged data and communications to support or create a campaign,
• Or published an article to raise awareness about a critical health issue.
This scholarship highlights the crucial role that effective communication plays in driving positive health outcomes. By recognizing graduate students in CAHME Accredited programs who have harnessed the power of communication to shed light on important health concerns, the award encourages the next generation of health leaders to advance communication strategies to create meaningful impact.
Accepting applications now through November 17, 2023.
- Student in CAHME Accredited or Certified Program
- Nominations must be made by the students Program Director, or a faculty member on behalf of the University Program Director
What You Need to Apply
- Program Director Contact Information
- University Information
- Student Nominee Contact Information
The nomination consists of two essays of no more than 250 words (limit to 1,250 characters) each. Essays should be completed by the Program Director, and we recommend typing your essay responses in a saved document outside of the online application in case of technical difficulties. You may copy and paste from your personal document to the online application when you are ready.
- In approximately 250 words (limit to 1,250 characters) or less, explain what makes this student an ideal candidate to receive a CAHME scholarship? (If you are nominating this student to multiple scholarships, you can copy this response.)
- In approximately 250 words (limit to 1,250 characters) or less, describe how this student has effectively communicated complex healthcare concepts, raised public awareness, or driven engagement among diverse audiences to address critical health issues. (Be specific to the award criteria.)
- One-time scholarship of $3,000.00
- One complimentary ticket to the CAHME Awards Ceremony on March 24, 2024, at ACHE Congress
- One complimentary ticket to ACHE Congress
- Roundtrip Airfare
- 2-night hotel stay
- Recognition on CAHME’s website and social media
Past Award Recipients
View award recipient videos.
For More Information:
Dana Alexander, MHA
Communications and Engagement Manager
301-298-1820 ext. 6