The CAHME/Robert S Bonney Scholarship for Veterans of the US Armed Services
To be first awarded in 2024, this scholarship will be awarded to an honorably discharged veteran of the US Armed Services who exemplified in their military career leadership, dedication, and service. Candidates will demonstrate a commitment to healthcare leadership.
Accepting applications now through November 17, 2023.
- Student in CAHME Accredited or Certified Program
- Nominations must be made by the students Program Director, or a faculty member on behalf of the University Program Director
- Honorably discharged from a branch of the US Armed Forces.
- Upon Notification of being a finalist, the candidate must submit a DD 214 (Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty)
What You Need to Apply
- Program Director Contact Information
- University Information
- Student Nominee Contact Information
The nomination consists of two essays of no more than 250 words (limit to 1,250 characters) each. Essays should be completed by the Program Director, and we recommend typing your essay responses in a saved document outside of the online application in case of technical difficulties. You may copy and paste from your personal document to the online application when you are ready.
- In approximately 250 words (limit to 1,250 characters) or less, explain what makes this student an ideal candidate to receive a CAHME scholarship? (If you are nominating this student to multiple scholarships, you can copy this response.)
- In approximately 250 words (limit to 1,250 characters) or less, provide specific example (s) of how the nominee exemplified leadership, dedication, and service in their military career, and how they demonstrated a commitment to healthcare leadership. (Be specific to the award criteria.)
- In approximately 100 (limit to 450 characters) words or less, explain how the nominee will use the scholarship funds.
- One-time scholarship of $3,000.00
- One complimentary ticket to the CAHME Awards Ceremony on March 24, 2024, at ACHE Congress
- One complimentary ticket to ACHE Congress
- Roundtrip Airfare
- 2-night hotel stay
- Recognition on CAHME’s website and social media
For More Information:
Dana Alexander, MHA
Communications and Engagement Manager
301-298-1820 ext. 6