The CAHME/Judy Baar Topinka Foundation Scholarship for Health Policy
Judy Baar Topinka began her career in journalism and went on to blaze a pioneering path as a public servant in Illinois. First elected to the Illinois House of Representatives in 1980, Judy later became a state senator and was elected as the first woman to serve as the state’s Treasurer. As a legislator and civic leader, Judy was an advocate for the health and welfare of the residents of Illinois. Many of her legislative achievements focus on improving healthcare quality and access. Her expertise in health policy led her to chair the Health and Welfare Committee of the Illinois Senate. She believed in public service and was tireless in her advocacy of those in need. She believed in passion, hard work, ethical leadership, and persistence. The successful applicant will share these qualities and characteristics.
Accepting applications now through November 17, 2023.
- Student in CAHME Accredited or Certified Program
- Nominations must be made by the students Program Director, or a faculty member on behalf of the University Program Director
What You Need to Apply
- Program Director Contact Information
- University Information
- Student Nominee Contact Information
The nomination consists of two essays of no more than 250 words (limit to 1,250 characters) each. Essays should be completed by the Program Director, and we recommend typing your essay responses in a saved document outside of the online application in case of technical difficulties. You may copy and paste from your personal document to the online application when you are ready.
- In approximately 250 words (limit to 1,250 characters) or less, explain what makes this student an ideal candidate to receive a CAHME scholarship? (If you are nominating this student to multiple scholarships, you can copy this response.)
- In approximately 250 words (limit to 1,250 characters) or less, provide specific example(s) of how the nominee served the public good through a public health role or distinguished volunteerism. (Be specific to the award criteria.)
- One-time scholarship of $2,000.00
- One complimentary ticket to the CAHME Awards Ceremony on March 24, 2024, at ACHE Congress
- One complimentary ticket to ACHE Congress
- Roundtrip Airfare
- 2-night hotel stay
- Recognition on CAHME’s website and social media
Past Award Recipients
For More Information:
Dana Alexander, MHA
Communications and Engagement Manager
301-298-1820 ext. 6